Do you know what to do if your tooth is knocked out?
It’s imperative that you follow a few key rules to be able to potentially save your tooth!
- ONLY pick up the tooth by the chewing surface. Do not touch or pick up by the root.
- If dirty, gently rinse with warm water.
• Do not scrub
• Do not use toothpaste or soap
• Do not dry
• Do not wrap in tissue or paper towel
- Reposition the tooth in the socket immediately if you can.
- Keep the tooth moist at all times.
- If you can’t reposition it in the socket, keep it in milk or tuck it in your mouth next to your cheek.
YOU MUST SEE YOUR DENTIST A SOON AS POSSIBLE!